2011年1月23日 星期日

1/23高階太空學校日誌-Blue Team-Lucy Chu初郁葶

Today is the first official day of the HASSE program. Long hours of plane flight finally took us here. We arrived at Houston, Texas. I enjoyed our way here although it was very tiring. We got to know each other and very quickly went ahead to discuss our team project. During the discussion I found out what my teammates are good at. Each of them has something for us to learn. I truly believe that I would learn how to communicate better and work with others better. After the program I might be able to work better in a group instead of doing all the work individually.

I learned a lot from the presentation technique lesson given by Teacher Ronald. The skills we learned from the lesson would benefit us every time when we are giving a presentation or delivering public speech. I know by heart that it is very important for us to possess the ability to express ourselves clearly. Also, deliver a persuading speech is also a way to make what you say influential. President Obama won him millions of votes by his influential speech delivered before the election. I have read a book about Obama, Martin Luther King and some other celebrities’ speeches. They all delivered strong speeches and those speeches brought them the desirable results. There will be lots of speaking practices during the HASSE space school program and I think that it is a good chance for everyone of us to participate and get involved to prepare ourselves in our future career in any areas.

In the afternoon we went to the park and played team games to build up our team’s coherence. We need to apply our creativity and we also need to work together as a team in order to win the competition. The same idea can also be used in our life. We can never succeed by ourselves. “On heroes’ wings we fly.” Sometimes we need to build on upon others’ achievements and sometimes we need to cooperate with others to accomplish a task. I’m looking forward to the rest of our days in Houston.

Today is only a start. There are still many challenges waiting for me ahead. The tasks may be hard but I have confidence and faith that I will be able to handle it if I do my best and never give up.

There’s a quote I like that I heard today, “It is difficult to say that something is impossible.” I would always remind myself to dream big and never consider anything as impossible. Everything is possible. I’m very lucky to have the chance to join this space school during my winter break. I believe that this would definitely be a memorable experience and also “a chance in a life time.”  Let’s work for our goals!

沒有留言:

張貼留言