2011年1月24日 星期一

MAYA~We are coming! 馬雅探索出發~

This  is  Frankie,  updating  you  from  LAX.    It  is  9:20pm  local  time,  which  is  1:20pm  on  Tuesday,  1/25  Taipei  time.    We  are  waiting  for  our  connecting  flight  to  Houston.    It  is  now  free  time  for  the  kids,  their  favorite  time  thus  far.    For  me  as  well...because  free  time  means  rest  time  for  Rebecca  and  myself.

To  summarize,  we  left  Taoyuan  airport  smoothly  without  too  much  trouble.    The  boarding  process  was  easy  enough  because  Rebecca  had  everything  under  control  and  we  didn't  lose  anybody.    I  ended  up  sitting  away  from  the  kids  because  one  of  the  seats  was  away  and  Rebecca  wanted  all  the  kids  to  be  together.

When  we  landed  in  LA,  things  got  interesting.    My  favorite  number  is  now  18  and  my  favorite  thing  to  do  is  counting.    Do  we  have  18  kids,  are  there  18  pieces  of  luggage,  and  are  there  18  piles  of  stuff...where  is  that  18th  child  running  around  with  the  green  polo  shirt?  Ahahaha!

Through  immigration,  Rebecca  took  the  kids  with  Taiwanese  passports  while  I  took  Angela  and  William  with  US  passport.  We  went  through  fairly  quickly,  trying  to  avoid  the  mean  looking  immigration  officers.    We  then  proceeded  to  carousel  number  1  for  our  luggage.    We  personally  picked  up  19  suitcases.    William  and  Angela  were  really  helpful!    I  also  had  my  workout  for  the  day!

After  that,  I  went  to  switch  places  with  Rebecca  and  waited  for  the  remaining  kids  to  come  through.    We  all  met  up  by  the  our  luggage,  and  proceeded  to  custom  and  then  moving  onto  connecting  flight.

We  had  to  walk  outside  the  airport  to  domestic  connecting  flight  because  I  needed  to  have  my  boarding  pass  printed  out.    The  evening  air  of  LA  was  exactly  the  way  I  remembered  it...crisp,  fresh,  and  full  of  nostalgia.    The  temperature  was  perfect  for  a  breezy  after-dinner  walk...

We  went  through  security  point  again,  and  the  most  exciting  part  was  when  we  had  the  front  seat  to  a  security  drill.    I  was  quite  excited,  and  so  were  the  kids.    We  stared  in  awe  as  the  guards  told  random  passengers  to  freeze.    That  was  cool~  I  told  the  kids  we  were  going  to  be  on  TV~  hahaha!

We  will  be  boarding  our  flight  in  about  2  hours.    Now,  the  kids  are  relaxing  and  roaming  around  the  airport.    Their  laughter  soothes  me  because  I  know  that  they're  enjoying  themselves.    Listening  to  them  chatting  away  relaxes  me  because  I  know  this  will  an  experience  they  will  remember.

All  right,  this  is  Frankie,  updating  from  LAX  on  January  24th,  day  1  of  the  Mayan  adventure!

沒有留言:

張貼留言